Plumbing is an essential aspect of any home or commercial property. It carries water to and from appliances, fixtures, and drainage systems.
Without proper plumbing, your building can quickly become uninhabitable. That’s why you must have a reliable plumbing company to call whenever you need assistance. Part of having reliable plumbing is having access to a team of qualified and experienced plumbers.
At Ruben’s Plumbing Service, all our plumbers are licensed and insured. So, no matter what type of problem you’re having, they’ll be able to diagnose the issue and get it fixed quickly. Call us at 512-504-9502 to learn more. Also, please keep reading to know why we stand out.
The number two tip for maintaining a sound system is understanding its basics to help you know when there is a problem and how to prevent specific issues.
For example, you should know where your main water shut-off valve is, as it will come in handy if there is a plumbing emergency and you need to turn off the water to your home quickly. Knowing where your home’s sewer clean-out is is also a good idea.
There’s so much more to the system, and besides offering quality work, we also educate. In this article, we’ll cover:
- The different types of plumbing systems
- The components of a plumbing system
- Common plumbing problems and their solutions
- When you can fix your plumbing system yourself
- When to call a professional
- Why you need plumbing professionals
- And what Ruben’s Plumbing Service brings to the table
The Different Types of Plumbing Systems
There are two primary types of plumbing systems: fresh water and wastewater.
Fresh water plumbing system
Fresh water is the clean water that comes into your home from a municipal water supply or a private well. This water is usable for drinking, cooking, bathing, and watering plants. The plumbing system that carries the fresh water into your home is called the freshwater system.
Wastewater plumbing system
Wastewater is water that has been used and is now contaminated. This water includes water from toilets, showers, sinks, and washing machines.
It also includes rainwater that has run off of roofs and driveways. This water gets proper treatment before it can be released into the environment. Likewise, the system that channels this water out of your home is called the wastewater system.
The Components of a Plumbing System
Every plumbing system has four essential components: water supply, pipes, fixtures, and drains.
The water supply is the system that supplies fresh water to a property. It typically consists of a well or a city water line.
Pipes are the tubes that carry water to and from all of the fixtures in your home. There are two main types of pipes: supply pipes and drainage pipes. The supply pipes are the ones that bring fresh water into your home, while the drainage pipes are the ones that take wastewater out.
Fixtures are where water is used in your homes, such as sinks, toilets, and showers. Drains are the pipes that carry water away from the fixtures and empty it into the sewer system or a septic tank.
Common plumbing problems and their solutions
There are a few plumbing problems that are more common than others. These include:
- Clogged drains: A blocked drain is usually the result of a build-up of hair, soap scum, and grease. The most effective way to prevent this problem is to use strainers in your drains and clean them regularly. If you get a clogged drain, you can try clearing it yourself with a plunger or an auger. You’ll need to call a professional if these methods don’t work.
- Leaky pipes: A leaky pipe can waste a lot of water and cause your water bill to skyrocket. If you think there’s a leak, it’s essential to have it fixed as soon as possible. Some leaks are easy to handle, while others may require the help of a professional.
- Running toilets: A running toilet is not only annoying, but it can also waste a lot of water. The primary cause of this problem is a faulty flapper. If your toilet is running, you should check the flapper to see if it needs to be replaced.
When to Fix Your Plumbing System Yourself
Plumbing needs the help and insight of a professional. However, there are some simple tasks that you can do yourself, such as:
- Unclogging a drain: As we mentioned before, clogged drains are usually the result of a build-up of hair, soap scum, and grease. If you have a slow drain, you can try to clear it yourself with a plunger or an auger.
- Fixing a leaky faucet: This problem is usually caused by a worn washer. You’ll need to disassemble the faucet and replace the washer to fix this problem. This is a relatively easy task that most people can do themselves.
- Replacing a toilet flapper: A faulty flapper is the primary cause of a running toilet. To replace the flapper, you’ll need to turn off the water to the toilet, flush it to empty the tank, and remove the old flapper. Once the old flapper is out, you can install the new one and turn the water back on.
When to Call a Professional
On the other hand, other tasks are not DIY, and only a professional should handle them. They include:
- Installing a new plumbing system: This is a big job that should only be done by a professional who will also advise on which system is ideal for your home or commercial building.
You can consider this also when renovating your building. Alongside the remodeling and upgrading services, you can also get new plumbing services.
- Repairing or replacing gas lines: Gas lines are hazardous and should only be handled by a professional.
- Installing a new hot water heater: These are complex appliances that need to be installed by a professional.
- Septic system repair or replacement: Septic systems are very complex and should only be handled by a professional.
One of the most prevalent septic system problems is a clogged leach field. If you think you have this problem, you should immediately call a professional.
- Full drain cleaning: This entails removing debris from your drains and cleaning them to remove a clogging.
Other instances when you need an expert are when:
- Your home has multiple plumbing issues.
- The problem is located in a hard-to-reach place.
- You do not feel confident in your ability to fix the problem.
- The problem is complex or requires special tools or equipment, for instance, if you need to replace a section of pipe.
If you’re having any plumbing problems, you should call a professional. Plumbing is a complex system; even minor issues can quickly turn into big ones.
A professional plumber will be able to diagnose the problem and come up with the best solution. Other benefits of calling a professional include:
- Save time and money: With a professional plumber, you can be confident the repair will be done right the first time, saving you both time and money in the long run.
- Avoid costly repairs: Plumbing problems can often lead to expensive repairs if they’re not addressed quickly and correctly. A professional plumber will spot potential issues and fix them before they turn into costly plumbing repairs.
- Peace of mind: One of the best benefits of hiring a professional plumber is it brings peace of mind, knowing the job will be done right.
Plumbing problems can be stressful, so it’s nice to know there’s someone you can trust to fix the problem quickly and efficiently.
- Get the job done right: When it comes to plumbing, there’s no “minor” repair. Even seemingly small problems can quickly turn into major ones if not addressed.
A professional plumber has the knowledge and experience to get the job done right, no matter how big or small it may be.
If you need a professional plumber, don’t hesitate to contact your local plumbing company today. The benefits of hiring a professional are well worth the cost!
Looking for the number one Austin plumbing company We’re here to help!
Get Reliable Plumbing Services in Austin, TX
If you need a plumber, you don’t want to pick anyone out of the phonebook. You want to ensure you get reliable yet affordable plumbing solutions.
Ruben’s Plumbing Service, is Austin Texa’s number one local plumbers. We provide high-quality plumbing services to residential and commercial clients in Austin, TX and the surrounding areas.
We understand that plumbing problems can happen anytime, so we offer 24/7 emergency plumbing services.
We also understand that not everyone is familiar with plumbing, so we take the time to explain the problem and the solution to our customers.
Our highly qualified plumbers are intentional about providing excellent customer service.
We also use high-quality parts and materials so our customers can be confident that their repairs will last. Our primary specialties include:
- Water heater services; both tank and tankless water heaters
- Drain cleaning services
- Remodeling and upgrading services including bathroom remodeling
- Sewer system replacement
- Slab leak detection
Feel free to call us whenever you need plumbing services. We’ll be happy to answer any questions you have and schedule a convenient time. We look forward to serving you and meeting all your plumbing needs.
How much will fixing my plumbing problem cost?
The cost of a plumbing repair will depend on the severity of the problem. Simple maintenance like fixing a leaky faucet can be relatively inexpensive. More complex repairs can be more costly, for example, replacing a gas line.
Do you offer emergency services?
Yes, we offer 24/7 emergency services. If you have a plumbing emergency, don’t hesitate to call us. We’ll be there as soon as possible to help!
I need a new water heater. Can you help?
Yes, we can help! We’re a full-service plumbing company that offers water heater installation as one of our many services. We’ll recommend the perfect water heater for your needs and budget and install it for you.
Can you help me save water?
Yes, we can! We offer various water conservation services, from low-flow fixtures to greywater systems.
What are your hours of operation?
We are open 24/7, so we can always be there for our customers when they need us.
Regardless of the time, we’re always here to help.
Why should I choose Ruben’s Plumbing Service?
There are many reasons to choose Ruben’s Plumbing Service, but here are just a few:
- We’re licensed and insured
- We’re available 24/7
- We offer free estimates
- We use high-quality parts and materials
- We’re dedicated to customer satisfaction
- We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee
Get in touch
If you need plumbing services in Austin, TX, we’re here to help. Call us at 512-504-9502 to schedule a consultation.